Saturday 19 October 2019

Naverteld verleden: Jiujitsu in het verzet in Nederland 1940-1945

Naverteld verleden: Jiujitsu in het verzet in Nederland 1940-1945 (Retold past: Jiujitsu in the 1940-1945 resistance) by J.H.G. Smits

A chapter is devoted to Jan de Jong in Smits' book about jujutsu in Holland during WWII and its role in the Resistance.

The information and photographs reproduced in that book have been sourced from this blog and with my permission. The source, this blog, and my contribution has been acknowledged in Smits' book.

It is a source of satisfaction that I can contribute and add to Shihan Jan de Jong OAM 9th dan's memory and that others recognise and appreciate that contribution and addition.

I received many expression of gratitude and interest in that work in response to my previous post on de Jong's shodan grading evolution.

I would like to leave the readers with a quote from The Name of the Rose: 'Books are not made to be believed, but to be subjected to inquiry.'

My work is not meant to be definitive and should be subject to (informed and thoughtful) inquiry in order to challenge the foundations of the work and possibly to add to the body of knowledge that it seeks to contribute to.

No comments:

Post a Comment